Thursday 16 February 2012

Canvas And String

Just to show that I'm not limiting myself to 'Hordes of the Things' here's some pictures of some Tumbling Dice 1/600th scale WW1 aircraft I painted last year. I was prompted to post them by the fact that I'm probably playing with them this coming Friday. You never know - that may mean more pictures.

From Left To Right:
Albatros DV, Halberstadt CLII and Fokker DVII

SE5a

Halberstadt CLII

Albatros DV

Halberstadt CLII (left) and RE8 (right)

RE8
(With some Mantic Elves behind it)
They were fiddly, but fun, to paint. I chose not to use transfers for the markings, so they were time-consuming to do. They look a little ragged close up, but work OK at 'wargames distance'. The most difficult task was coming up with a way of painting the German lozenge camouflage pattern at that scale. I did it by painting the plane in a base colour, then using three other colours to paint a semi-regular, semi-repeating pattern of spots to break it up. Like the markings it looks ragged at close range, but creates the right visual effect at a distance.

(All picture taken by, and copyright, Kaptain Kobold)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...