Monday 17 December 2012

Mighty Mean-Fowt Fights

Whilst I am still tinkering with my ACW variant of Bob Cordery's Portable Wargame, I thought that the time had come to post the most recent draft of it on the 'net so other people can have a look and maybe play or pass comment on it.

So here it is. With a name and everything:

Mighty Mean-Fowt Fights

Enjoy. But expect it to change from time to time, at least until I get bored with updating it.

(Currently I'm looking at the possibility of reducing most weapon ranges - artillery to 4 squares and infantry to 2, with dismounted cavalry also being 2 but suffering a penalty above 1 square. I still need to test it out though).

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, added to the reading pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like what you have done to develop my basic ideas to create a specific set of ACW rules.

    Well done!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alan,
    I like your ACW variant of Bob's PW, especially the way (the order to solve the close combat) and the fact of giving two SP to all the units alowing the use of markers (only disorder).
    What do yo think about using this rules for other periods? XVIII century? ECW, TYW? etc...
    Carles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may try it out for the Maximilian Adventure at some stage, and am considering giving a try for the South American Wars of Liberation. Mostly because they are the only other 19th century conflicts I have figures for.

      I believe there is an ECW variant on the 'net somewhere.

      As for the close combat order, I'm considering scrapping it in favour of a simultaneous roll, but I'm still working on the precise mechanism for that.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...