Sunday 8 June 2014

More Machinas

To finish off a fruitful day yesterday, I did the (minimal) conversion work on three more vehicles for Machinas, bringing my total to six - enough for a decent game.



This is my favourite of the batch - a 1947 Chevy Fleetline.I gave it a big gun poking out from under the windscreen shade, and closed up the side windows. Otherwise I decided this was too nice to add much else to.


I don't know what this car is, but it also has class. I added a driver from my spare figures, and a forward-firing MG or grenade-launcher. Since taking this picture I have added a large exhaust pipe along the passenger side as well.



Finally, a dragster of some kind. I reasoned with the big engine that this car would be fast, and could expect to be out in front most of the time ...


... so its guns point to the rear.


On to the painting. Having got a car in Red, Yellow and Green, I have gone for Blue, Black and White (although the black one is as much red as black). This is the stage they are at now; the next stage is to paint in all of the metalwork and chrome, then do the detail and weathering.




The next post should see all six vehicles competed and together.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool vehicles and conversions. I grew up with Match Box and Hot Wheels prior to getting hooked on military miniatures. Maybe it's time I revisit cars :)! Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...